It’s been quite a year for me, as well as Japan and its neighbours. There was a flareup between China and Japan over the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands, Shinzo Abe became Prime Minister again, North Korea launched a satellite that went over Japanese airspace, and more. But I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about this blog.
Top 10 Most Popular Posts
In the past year, I saw a similar theme in post popularity as previous years. In fact, my most popular posts are all from before this year. They just keep being popular! Well, here they are:
- September 2010 Aki Basho Tokyo Grand Sumo Tournament – This is 2 years old. I guess sumo is still popular!
- Flashback: Shinjuku in May 2005 – Part 2 – Everyone loves Shinjuku skyscrapers!
- Flashback: Shinjuku in May 2005 – Part 1 – And this was part 1.
- A visit to West Edmonton Mall – This wasn’t even Japan. However, it is a popular place.
- May 2010 Natsu Basho Tokyo Grand Sumo Tournament – It’s sumo again!
- January 2010 Hatsu Basho Tokyo Grand Sumo Tournament – Well, half of the top 6 are about sumo.
- Exploring Japan: Yuigahama Beach, Kamakura – January 25, 2010 – The beach is popular, too.
- Cormorants – Now this just confused me. Why is this one so popular? It’s just pictures of cormorants on a wire.
- Exploring Japan: Honmoku, Yokohama – August 2, 2009 – Honmoku’s a popular place in Yokohama.
- Hina Matsuri, the Doll Festival – Just a little something from my own home.
There are some posts that I think that are rather important, though they may not be as popular subjects as above. I’d still like you to read about them.
My daughter has been born! – More important than any blog post on here, in my opinion.
Dangerous driving in Japan – This has been a big concern of mine this year, especially after nearly being hit by a car 4 times due to the driver not paying attention.
2012 Picture of the Week (21/52) – Solar Eclipse – This was just incredible to see.
The tradition of gift money – Is it really a gift?
Bullying in Japan – Very big problem in schools and businesses. Sometimes it can be extreme.
You’re from Canada, so… – Just answering a question I always get.
Sunset at Shonan Beach – Just some incredible colours.
Things I’ve heard often: My child could never do well! – This really irritates me. Support your kids, don’t demean them.
Oshogatsu 1: The local shrine and temple – I don’t want you to just read this post, but also the following 4 posts about the Japanese New Year.
There are so many more things, but these are some of the highlights of my year of blogging.
Here’s to a great 2013!