I have a few goals this year. I’ve lived in Japan for nearly 5 years, and there are so many things I haven’t done or seen. I’d like to do some of those things this year. Here are my goals:
- Study Japanese every day and practice speaking with Japanese friends. It’ll take a while, but I eventually want to pass JLPT 1. And to my students, I won’t speak Japanese to you at the school. That’s an English only zone for me.
- Travel to another part of Japan. Right now, I’m thinking about visiting Osaka.
- Visit a new place at least twice a month.
- Attend some festivals. Yesterday, I went to my first festival. Yes, that’s right, I’ve never attended a festival in Japan before. I’ve seen them through my classroom window, but never attended.
- Watch sumo live! I might even do this next Monday.
- Cook in my apartment occasionally. It’s cheaper. And I think it’s more delicious than conbini bento.
- Get a table and chairs so I can use my computer at a table instead of the kotatsu. I want to use my kotatsu for heat.
- Get a microwave oven. Very important!
- Exercise and eat less.
- And of course, update this blog more often and keep it up-to-date. I’m a few months behind in photos.
Here’s a wish list, but not essential:
- Get a Nintendo Wii, but not the Japanese version. There’s no English language support on those. I’ll check duty-free shops in Akihabara.
- Get a bookshelf. I have so many books, but nowhere to put them.
So much to do this year!