No, this is not about the CME (coronal mass ejection) headed to Earth right now, this is about summer! If you remember, I wrote about the seasons in Japan, and I named one of them “Broil.” Well, it’s time to broil. The last couple of days have been quite hot and humid, and the heat just doesn’t go away at night.
Today, it was 32 degrees (Celsius for my American readers). Tomorrow will be 32, as well. Then 33 on Tuesday and 31 on Wednesday. Doesn’t that sound nice? But what an effect it has on people. The trains get a bit smelly, people are wiping the sweat off their faces and necks with handkerchiefs, and constantly telling each other that it’s hot.
So, what can we do to relieve this heat? Here are some of my ideas that seem to work for me.
- Have some ice cream. I recommend Mint Crunky, which is a summer special ice cream bar coated with chocolate. And it’s mint ice cream! Delicious!
- Spend some time in a convenience store. They keep them cold, mostly to keep the food from spoiling.
- Spend some time in a supermarket. They’re also cold for the same reason.
- Turn on your air conditioner. Expensive, and not really recommended so much at this time, as there is a bit of a power shortage in Japan. Conserve power!
- Drink something cold. Anything.
- Sleep without any covers. Nothing worse than sweating in bed.
- Take a cool shower. That feels so good!
What do you do to beat the heat?